Last Updated on Friday, 02 March 2012 07:17 Thursday, 01 March 2012 07:16
The month of February celebrated the birth of two well known presidents that helped shape America.
Although you have probably learned a lot about these presidents before, here are some interesting facts about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington that you probably didn’t know.
- 1.He was the only Founding Father to free his slaves.
- 2.He was the only president who did not live in Washington D.C.
- 3.As a farmer, he is attributed with introducing the mule to America.
- 4.The nation's capital, 1 state, 31 counties and 18 cities are named in his honor.
- 5.He was the first Mason to become president.
- 6.He was the only president to unanimously win the vote of the Electoral College.
- 7.Washington'second inaugural address was the shortest ever given.
- 1.He was the first president to have a beard.
- 2.He was the United States’ tallest president.
- 3.Lincoln had a dream a week before his death. He dreamt of someone crying in the White House. When he found the room, he looked in to ask who had passed away. When he looked in the coffin, he saw his own face.
He was the first president to be born outside of the original thirteen colonies
Summary of Articles - Features
- Mrs. Kostun's Baby
- Groundhog Day
- Required Reading
- Teachers' Valentines
- Five More Minutes
- Favorite Holidays
- Black Friday
- The Magnificent Mole
- Club Spotlight: Mock Trial
- Sports Injuries
- Late Start
- Haunted Heights
- Hacienda Heights Library
- Entertainment Unit
- Los Altos VS Wilson Tailgate
- AVID Program
- Favorite Rejuvenating Foods for School
- The New Generation
Quote of the Day!